I love this.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, March 06, 2013, 15:15 (4041 days ago) @ yakaman

In a general global way, how does this change things from say, Halo play? Is there a consensus? I think the really good Halo players would say they love the ability to run and jump and dodge while still being able to shoot somewhat effectively.

I agree. I prefer a Halo-style shooter. I don't hate ADS, but it's not what I love, if that makes sense.

Is that something incompatible with iron sights? In games that use iron sights, is shooting "from the hip" relatively ineffective?

Yes, hip-firing typically is much less accurate in those games. As far as being incompatible, I suppose you could make a game with ADS, and then have the hip-firing be just as accurate as when the player's zoomed in. But if you examine it, all that really is is Halo-style aiming, except you have a picture of a close-up gun on the screen instead of a scope HUD. As I alluded to here, it's more about the differences between zoomed and unzoomed weapon behavior than about the appearance of looking down sights.

I have no real experience, just wondering why you love it?

*shrug*

I guess some consider it more realistic (and they're right). But I struggle to understand why more realism would be inherently more fun (outside of driving games). Just a matter of personal taste, I suppose.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread