On Crucible and lack of determinism (Destiny)

by yakaman, Monday, October 27, 2014, 08:39 (3492 days ago) @ Korny

I'm of the belief that everyone should have an Internet only deal with their cable companies, as most things that come with packages are things you could do online (phone calls and TV) for much cheaper...
So yeah, better internet!

I agree with this. Internet (data) is quickly becoming more important, more fundamental, than TV/phone. We're in a new development, and for some reason, getting cable internet here is going to take an act of god. It's 1997 all up in this mother.

On the topic of getting shot through walls... A number of weapons come with Armor Piercing as a perk, which specifically allows one to shoot through walls. The Epitaph sniper and Final Rest fusion rifle are two that come to mind, and I love sniping people while one of us is behind cover. So satisfyin, man....

But I can definitely see how a strong presence of this can be perceived as network issues. As you can get gunned down by a person who clearly has no clean shot at you... But it's totally by design.
Inb4 people complain about this perk...

Armor-piercing is legit, and all good. I'm talking more about getting strifed by a fusion rifle while clearly back behind the wall. I was not aware that there was a fusion rifle that included the perk.

In any case, the main reason for my post is that I believe Bungie to be good developers, and that they know what they're doing (duh). Therefore, when encountering something as mystifying as the weirdness I am seeing, I must conclude that they designed it well, and that my system doesn't quite meet "minimum requirements".

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread