My post-debate theory... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, November 04, 2014, 22:35 (3470 days ago) @ Korny

It occurred to me that one of the big reasons we may be getting a full-blown sequel rather than massive expansion is because of the reviews that Destiny got. Making a "new" game opens up another shot at the reviewers, so all that Bungie would have to do would be to address the main complaints that Destiny got, eschew any exclusivity deals (or open up opportunities for new ones), and expand on their existing engine/game mechanics/AI. Better reviews, happier playerbase, more sales, more Activision bragging.

This can be both good and bad, with the bad part being that they would be splitting their playerbase, which I recall was something that they said they wouldn't be doing, but the good part is that they'll be able to make a current-gen only game, so the whole "all that you can see, you can walk to" talk would be much more feasible.

I'd hate for them to just give up on fixing Destiny's major issues in favor of moving over to a new table and setting a feast there...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread