yep (Destiny)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Wednesday, November 05, 2014, 08:06 (3470 days ago) @ Cody Miller

i've said this a couple of times, I think part of destiny's problem (at least scope and story-wise) was previous gen holding them back. The "see that mountain, you can go there" approach was just not going to work on PS3 and 360. They said the same thing when they first showed off Halo 3, and remember how much that changed? (halo 3 was still great though).

I never once thought that there wouldn't be numbered sequels. There is not enough storage space to continue to "expand" the original game on last-gen consoles.

I think the crux of it is that there are still a lot of people that have not jumped to the current-gen. They wanted those people to buy Destiny to boost sales and support the extremely long and expensive Dev cycle of this new franchise.

They made it to where you can migrate your character from 360->XB1 or PS3->PS4, so that when they release Destiny 2 on current-gen only, you can upgrade without having to start over. They know the grind sucks. They would lost a crap ton of people if they had to grind all over to 30 when the switch to current-gen happens. And it will happen sooner or later, you can't have a 10-year plan on a console that came out in 2005.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread