Bungie.next is preparation.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, March 09, 2013, 09:32 (4064 days ago) @ kapowaz

I'm not 100% sure, but I'd be very surprised if it's even possible for a third-party authentication provider to cause you to be disconnected from XBL/PSN just by logging out of a website. That's not how token-based authentication systems work, at any rate.

Obviously they're doing a lot of work to support Destiny, but I think practicality has to take a front seat here somewhere. Clearly forcing iOS users to login every time the browser is forced to reload the page (which can happen at any point due to how iOS manages memory) is not workable unless you're happy with a user-hostile experience for iOS users. Other sites with a third-party auth system have solved this problem, so I doubt it's impossible to fix.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply you'd get logged out of XBL/PSN when you get logged out of Bungie.next. I meant you could get auto-logged out of XBL/PSN in the browser due to time out with out being logged out of Bungie.net, so the stats won't update or anything. Really just speculation on my part of course.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread