Bungie.next laziness

by zumphry ⌂ @, Saturday, March 09, 2013, 11:25 (4063 days ago) @ katancik

I'm a little embarrassed to be asking this, well, a lot embarrassed. Anyway, has anyone been able to log in to Bungie.net automatically? Like, get on your browser, hit Bungie.net and you're already signed in? I always have to hit the sign-in button, scroll down to Microsoft Account, and then it automatically logs me in.

On a PC this isn't an issue really (it takes 3 nanoseconds). But on my iPad/ iPhone sometimes my Microsoft account information isn't stored and I have to log in time and time again. On a touch screen this can be a little annoying.

Glad I got that one off my chest. Bring on the lazy insults, I can take it.

It doesn't fix not being able to log on automatically, but this might make it easier for you to log in with iOS:

1) Buy 1Password for your iOS devices. Or LastPass, but I use 1Password, so use that.

2) Make a keyboard shortcut (or TextExpander snippet if you're super nerdy) for your email addresses. Like "kgm" for katancik@gmail.com, for example.

Settings>General>Keyboard>Shortcuts to make shortcuts, if you don't know already.

(Another option would be to store your B.net password in your keyboard shortcuts, if you don't want to buy an app, but I wouldn't recommend/do that.)

3)Then the next time you want to log in, open 1Password, find your B.net account and copy its password.

4?) Go to B.net, type in your shortcut, then paste in your password. Or use 1Password's browser if you don't want to open Safari or Chrome since it has a neat button that automatically puts in your login details on corresponding sites.

...that sounds like a lot of hoops/steps (yep!), but beyond setting it up, I've found this workflow to be a lot more efficient than pecking in my various passwords/reusing the same password/keeping my passwords in a .txt file.

Though, what works for me might not work for you. Or even be the best solution for you. Or something. I mean, who buys password apps am i rite only nerds lol...?

(I wish I was paid to shill 1Password. I just really like it and think it might make logging in on iOS a little bit less annoying for you)

but no i don't know how to automatically log into B.net on iOS.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread