I think the changes to Blind Watch made it worse :/ (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 00:14 (3454 days ago)

Today I think I lost every game of Blind Watch that I started on A side. Of all the maps I feel this is at least very unfair to one of the teams and might even be broken. And, I think perhaps the recent changes actually made it worse. Here why I think so:

1. A is still off alone by itself. Starting there you have to cross the entire map to get to either of the other points. Start at C and you have a doorway not 10 meters away that takes you through the interior completely protected from any approaching enemy.

2. Point B, while a bit more attackable now, is still highly secure and defender friendly since it is surrounded by tiny doorway chokepoints. That might be ok if it was in a central location but it's not. It's a whole lot closer to C than it is to A making it a big advantage to the C team.

3. By moving C Bungie has, in my opinion, made it worse for the A team because C now requires them to cross even more of the map to try and attack. Really, leaving it where it was with the window shutters closed might have been the fairer choice.

I'm not really sure how I'd fix this map. Maybe place A down in that water filled hole that's inbetween B and the old A. That big gap you have to jump over as you head towards the upper B door. That way A would be much closer to B instead of being the odd point out so much. Then move C back to its old position... or maybe to that spot on the A side of its wall right by the stairs leading up. I love the look of Blind Watch but for the most part only half the map really gets used in control which is a huge disadvantage to the team that starts in the other half! :(

Thoughts?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread