I think the changes to Blind Watch made it worse :/ (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 09:06 (3454 days ago) @ Xenos

I think it definitely still has problems, but I like the new layout a lot more than the old one. Part of it is not everyone online has adjusted yet. But even some of the changes have led randoms to play differently in a positive way.

Couple points, positive first:
* Going from A to C is much more viable now as the route is a little shorter, and much more direct.

Shorter? They moved it 50 or so meters further away from A.

* Heavy ammo near A is more accessible, a lot more people actually go for it so my team actually has heavy ammo when we're spawning at A instead of ignoring it.

I don't actually know where they moved it yet. I think it must be in a better spot because the randoms seem to slurp it up before I can look back and spot the icon! :p

* The 3 routes to attack B all have open lines of sight on the capture point immediately when you get in the building. Which in turn makes it much more difficult to hold B than it used to be.

Yeah, I think taking B is easier... if you could ever get to it. But I have to cross most of the map just to try and survive a typically heavily defended chokepoint to start my attack on B.

Negative:
* Choke-point door from A side door to B is still too easy to hold.

Yep.

* Grenades aren't as good for clearing out B since there are more places to go from the point.

Yep.

* A is way too open compared to how it was before.

I found it ok but:

* A is still much worse to hold than C.

Very yes. On Shores of Time or even Rusted Lands (which I think has some minor problems as well) you might give up A for a while but it is still valuable to take back and hold if you need to. In Blind Watch A is a death sentence in every way. Longer travel times, less cover, in a low point so you immediately get snipped at when exiting it, etc.

There are others, but that's what I come up with easily off the top of my head.

B's heavy ammo should be moved somewhere else. Right now it's at the back side of the map, at the back of the highly defendable B+C zone. near team C's spawn point...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread