I agree, BUT... (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 11:42 (3454 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I like the maps that aren't balanced with each point being equal. The fact of the matter is that having unbalanced maps makes strategy important, and the strategy for Blindwatch is clearly "Go directly to C. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200." That's fine by me. The team that starts at C only has a slight advantage over the team that starts at A in so much that everyone on their team needs to know to hold C at all costs and to not ever try to take A. It only takes one little goomba to screw up that plan.

I do hate the shuttered window though, and I 100% agree that moving point C further back made it easier to hold rather than more balanced.

Right now point C has far more access paths to point B than point A does. From C you can: Go through the lower door in back, up the stairs to B. Through the side lower door near C, past the heavy ammo, then up the stairs to B, Go through the side lower door near the old point C, past the heavy ammo, then up to B, up to the shuttered window, down the hall, through the door past old B to new B.

From point A you have: Through the choke point door down the stairs to B or Down the hallway past old B to new B. All other path options for A converge at the hallway, so they don't actually make any difference to enemy players holding the choke points.

If I had my druthers, I'd move the points yet again, to:

- Point A: On the ground below and behind the rotating turbine. It would invite grenades, but be more defensible and with blocked line of sight, enemies would have to guess if anyone was there or not.
- Point B: In the choke point at the top of the stairs. Remove the door from the top so assaulting players from A can throw grenades in.
- Point C: Where it was originally, under the sloped roof.

Heavy ammo spawns:
- Near Point A: Up and behind point A where the original Point A zone was.
- Near Point C: Inside the window above C.

Other geometry changes I would like to see:
- Remove the shutter from the window over C.
- Remove the door at the top of the stairs between A and B.
- Add an opening in the wall one floor directly below the door at the top of the stairs where you could jump from the blown-out lower floor to the platforms on the pipes by B. This route might need an additional platform added on the pipes, too.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread