Dr. Banana’s Guide to Exotic Fusion Rifle Crucible Trolling (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, December 01, 2014, 08:10 (3441 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r
edited by iconicbanana, Monday, December 01, 2014, 08:17

This gun is amazing! Unfortunately, it's not that great compared to some other fusion rifles until you can make it an automatic. So even when you finish the bounty, you still have a long way to upgrade it before it gets good.

Something to remember if you have a new Plan C and a new Infinity: playstyle should dictate which you work to upgrade. Plan C is far more useful straight out of the box as well, and doesn't require it's Plan C upgrade to be a kick ass Fusion Rifle. Pocket Infinity is not helpful until you unlock the Pocket Infinity upgrade; it is a labor of love, and you need to tough it until you get there.

That said, I don't see a lot of upgraded PI's in crucible. I do see a lot of dead bladedancers who thought running toward me with their super would be an easy one shot. BBRRRRRRRRPHFFF.

Edit: I should be more specific with "playstyle". Think about the abilities you use. If you like Blink, for instance, Plan C will fit you much better than Pocket Infinity; that charge time in close engages will kill you with PI, whereas with Plan C, blink-whip-it-out-and-blast is as effective as a shotgun, over longer ranges.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread