Black Flag & Unity... Free? (Off-Topic)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, December 07, 2014, 15:01 (3438 days ago) @ Mid7night

Anyone know about any promotions (Games For Gold, XboxLive Rewards, etc) on the XB1 with these games?

The other day they both just started installing themselves on my HD. This also happened with Titanfall when I first got my Xbox, but I discovered that was because the box came with a digital-download that I didn't know about (got it used; previous owner apparently never redeemed the code). But these games have been out for a while now (well, Black Flag at least), so I don't think it's a hidden download code this time.

I checked my purchase history on Xbox and my bank; I don't seem to be missing any money, but I definitely have both AC Black Flag and Unity downloaded on my XB1.

Any ideas?

Very strange…

Those two games were part of a bundle deal over Thanksgiving weekend. My sister and brother-in-law bought their Xboxes through that bundle and the boxes came with digital download codes for those AC games.

Have you somehow set someone else's Xbox One as your "Home Xbox," by any chance? Does someone have access to your account and possibly redeemed one of those codes under your gamertag?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread