That's a geeewd qwrestin w...Megaman

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 19:22 (4034 days ago) @ biggy

I'd be really surprised if your character and game progression was tied to one platform. I'm thinking that's all server side. I don't see why you character on 360 wouldn't be accessible on neXtBox. It's just player data (level, skills, progression) that needs to be transferred, the art assets are already there. You'll probably just end up signing into your account on the new Xbox and all that stuff will be sitting there waiting for you on Bungie's servers.

We'll see.

I'd be surprised as well. Especially because of the focus that Bungie seems to be putting on having the Destiny experience "transcend" the console and having tight mobile integration. It seems only natural to me that your Destiny character/progress would absolutely require the server-side nature in order for this to work flawlessly.

I'm thinking that your gaming Platform will be nothing but a workhorse for generating the visual aspects of the world, while everything else will be seamless across different generations of hardware (just not cross-platform as in you can't play Co-Op cross-platform, but your character will still be able to transition if you want to switch).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread