Destiny: the NASCAR of gaming (Destiny)

by kornman00, Sunday, December 21, 2014, 16:08 (3438 days ago) @ Blue_Blazer_NZ

Having to re-level that same shit, all while Dailies/Weeklies/DLC1-missions are of a higher level (for max reward at least...which you need in this game), is a joke. The higher-light-level (I'm avoiding using the word "new" here) gear may start at 30, but like you said they should also come with better ability modifiers (Intellect, etc). Hell, they could have even gone with different modifier pairings (how about buffing all three abilities?). A game can't get anymore grindier.

Oh wait, and then you have your exotic armor...fucking hell. I can either wait for these damn things to drop again, or I can spend an arm and a leg paying Xur to 'upgrade' my existing gear (which I'll then have to save up on glimmer to upgrade myself)...except I'm stuck with whatever ability modifiers that troll felt like rolling that week. So far, almost all of my level-30 exotics have had better modifiers.

I can't justify my free time in this game if in 3+ months all of that time spent leveling the same exact bullshit up becomes void and I have to rinse-repeat. Oh look, we're making another left turn! At least now we have higher levels so we can make left turns faster!

Destiny (especially its tech) is cool, but its investment system can kiss my ass. In other news, I just bought a 3rd property in GTA Online...time to start grinding to get some of that cash back so I can fill it with new pimped-out rides.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread