Feb 17, 1999

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, March 15, 2013, 18:00 (4059 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Anyone Remember This?

Colleen Galvez:
After reading the mysterious e-mail from "Cortana" at Bungie, I did a quick search and found a reference to a sword named Cortana at the following web site:
http://www.celtic-twilight.com/bulfinch/ch/bulfinchs_loc_c24.htm

This site deals with the adventures of Charlemagne, and on this page Charlemagne presents a sword to Prince Ogier of Denmark, a sword which bears the inscription:

"My name is Cortana, of the same steel and temper as Joyeuse and Durindana."

Interesting, don't you think?

And then of course there's Traxus IV

Traxus IV was a twenty-third century A.I. that was declared rampant in 2206. A terminal on Defend THIS! describes the ordeal:
This is a quote from a terminal ([7]) This was evident in the Crash of Traxus IV in 2206. By the time that the Rampancy of Traxus was detected, he had already infiltrated five of the other AIs on the Martian Net. The only recourse for the Martians was to shut down the Martian Planetary Net. Even then, it took two full years to completely root out the damage that Traxus had done, and the repercussions of the Crash were seen for over ten years after his Rampancy had begun.

Traxus IV, a Mars AI that went rampant, and was speculated to have infected Durandal, the AI that was one of the central players of the Marathon series.

I'm not in the Destiny is Marathon camp, but the mere possibility that we'll have AI shenanigans in Destiny is very exciting. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread