Not just that... (Fireteam Builder Events)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 15:54 (3313 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Lil' Blue has been shooting with me since he was 5. He like guns just like me. We practice safety. We practice good shooting habits. We have fun. I learned to shoot at an early age, and when I was in elementary school in Arkansas we were even given hunter's education classes through the school. It wasn't uncommon for high schoolers to have shotguns and hunting rifles in their trucks while at school. I remember one of my principals reminding us to drop off any loose ammo in our jacket pockets at the office and we could pick it up at the end of the day.

Nowadays I have to warn Lil' Blue not to talk about it while at school. With places suspending kids for making things in the shape of guns or even pointing their fingers like guns, I don't want to go through the problems we'll have if he says the wrong thing. He's good about it, but it's stupid that he has to be. One day he came home very upset because he accidentally left a toy (and obviously fake) grenade in his backpack. He never took it out, but he was terrified when he saw it in there that they would send him to jail. Welcome to the world of fear.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread