The enemies are moving against you. (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:56 (3302 days ago) @ petetheduck

- an all-new arena activity – The Prison of Elders (sounds like a Firefight activity in place of a Raid)

Firefight is a poor replacement for a raid. I hope this is wrong since raids are the best part of Destiny, and the only thing making these expansions worth the price of admission (for me anyway).

Done right, it could be a really fantastic addition to PvE, and one that might ultimately be well worth giving up one Raid's dev time.

As a contrast to the precision Crota's End hard mode demands, something that is on of the opposite end of the spectrum could be really refreshing (not saying it has to be easy). It also might be something that Bungie continues to regularly refresh, where Raids are static. But that's just wishful thinking. I just hope it is more like the overwhelming Abyss than the anticlimactic Defeat the Extraction Crews.

Considering how difficult the enemies against each other events can get, and how fun they are, I'd be okay with something like that but on more of a scale reaching batshit-crazy-steroid-takin-madness-inducing-goes-to-eleven-you-will-die levels.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread