I expected more board games! (DBO)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 05:43 (3292 days ago) @ breitzen

Seriously, you guys had an infinite number at your fingertips... I'd be all over destroying friendships in that manner...

Thursday was mostly Destiny, and an extra special thanks to the PS crew for letting us XBOX dudes play with your fun exclusives! (I can't wait to get my own Monte Carlo!)

So much hubbub is made about Hawkmoon, but Monte Carlo is a great weapon in its own right. My most-used Auto Rifle, that's for sure (Use with a Bloom/Shield Warlock, become unstoppable).

We also enjoyed some authentic Cajun food, that I've forgotten the name of, thanks to Ottermack.

Wait, he can cook?

Friday we ventured out of our safety box known as the house and into the big city. We caught the best Texas BBQ for lunch then hit up Furious 7 for an afternoon movie. I'm not sure who all will admit it now, but some tears were shed at the end of that movie. (Hint: It wasn't Kermit, I think he napped through most of it!)

Probably saw all of the high octane action and said "amateurs" before falling asleep. There's a side of Kermit that we don't know...

Friday night was Halo. Lots of Halo. A ODST Firefight race was held, championed by Morpheus and Stabbim. Sounds of our assault rifles rang out across the frozen tundra of Snowbound. While the beautiful roar of a jetpack told many a Spartan that death was near.** Morpheus may have a montage of that gameplay at some point.

If only firefight was included in MCC ODST... That's my favorite part of any LAN...

Saturday was bittersweet. Did the day really need to end? We play some more Halo and Destiny. Our gracious host left us with two parting gifts, a game from an airplane hanger full of them, and a frosted Destiny glass, courtesy of Bungie. (Thanks Deej and Urk!) We began to part ways and I couldn't help but feel I had made the right choice in coming. I met six amazing guys and had the time of my life. We are, each of us on this forum, people with our own joys and pains; and sometimes I think we can lose sight of that here when we get passionate. Let's always remember to be respectful and kind to one another because this place is special. I can't wait to meet more of you in the future, but until then, see you star side!

I would have loved to go... But alas, looks like Sammy's gonna get to go hang out with DBOers long before I am. But real glad to hear that you guys had fun.

**If you want to beat Xenos in Halo Reach, just use a Jetpack.

Somebody's into video production, and they're not telling us...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread