Doom patrol. (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, April 24, 2015, 16:45 (3341 days ago) @ CyberKN

I double-checked my commendation count yesterday after the weekly update. I'm sitting pretty at 47 Vanguard commendations.

Crucible commendations? 2.

I generally avoid PVP in destiny. I absolutely hate Control as a game-type, and being forced to play it during Iron Banner has soured my opinion of Destiny's competitive multiplayer in general.

Gaining reputation and marks in Crucible seems absurdly slow - it takes 2500 rep to rank up, but I only get 10-25 per game (Caveat: I don't know if this is base or by Nightfall-enhanced)? I guess bounties help, but geez.

So I guess what I'm asking is if there's some method to this madness? Are there any tricks that make the grind feel like less of a slog, even if I'm consistently losing matches? (Running with friends doesn't seem to help. I start resenting low-scoring team-mates, and I don't want to go down that path.)

The only way to play crucible: get 5 other people and go full trytard. Fireteam builder is a good way to organize one. Go out there and crush random teams that can't get organized.

And alcohol too.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread