Blue's gone Cody! He's snapped! (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 21:49 (3256 days ago) @ bluerunner

What's the point of having exclusives now? By the 2nd expansion people will have already purchased the game on the system of their choice and invested a lot of time into it. How does having exclusives at this point drive any extra sales?

Like I told Rev back when he lamented the TDB exclusives: the contract was for each DLC pack until later this year. At this point it may not drive tons of sales, but it continues the trend of PS4 being the place to play, which does still matter to people who ask around or are on the fence.
I'd like for them to make Exodus Blue available to all with HoW like the TDB maps, since it's a great Control map that I'd love to see in IB, and the fact that we rarely get to play it outside of normal playlists makes me sad. Same will go for this next map. Same thing goes for exclusive strikes. It's a double-edged sword, but pre-release contracts don't disappear just because the Playstation community wants more variety for everyone... But fall will roll around soon enough.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread