To get five chests... *VID* (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, May 17, 2015, 02:30 (3318 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by Korny, Sunday, May 17, 2015, 02:44

I have only gotten the one near the outpost and that one is tough to get 3.

The one next to the Archer's Line entrance.

Did it 3 times; got the circular structure spawn twice, and the devil walker spawn once. And the devil walker spawn I fucked up and didn't go far enough back (towards Archer's Line) - I've noticed that the boundaries aren't showing up as obviously as they used to - so I didn't even get a second dip, because it hadn't 'refilled'.

Just make sure that the area text shows up on the HUD, and you'll be able to tell where the threshold is the next few times.

So far, I've never gotten more than 2, and sometimes only 1. (Haven't missed it entirely in the last dozen dips, though, so that's good. :) )

Skywatch is the easiest place to get 3+ runs, as the three locations that I know of (thanks to Guardian) are all close to a loading zone. Check this video, where I grab it four times even though I make a few significant screw-ups (tip my Sparrow over twice then run the wrong way). Getting it a fifth time shouldn't be an issue if you avoid these mistakes.

All this 4 and 5-dip discussion makes me jelly. ;)

Stay in the Skywatch for easy runs. The target has no shield and you never have to travel far. Just make sure that you have space in your Postmaster for all of those Engrams that you won't be able to hold. A BUNCH of my postmaster stuff (including Exotics, I think) has been getting deleted as new Engrams drop in... though I learned that you CAN lock weapons and gear even if it's sitting at the postmaster.

Skywatch is also fun because of the events. The very first time that I did it, a Warsat crashed down during the fight.

The last time, enemies moved against each other right before it started, so Hive and Fallen were joining the fray.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread