Halo 2 (Off-Topic)

by Avateur @, Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 03:34 (3259 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Avateur, Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 03:39

I really like how they handled telling the story from two different perspectives, as opposed to Halo 1 where the covenant are just alien bad guys.

That's part of why I'm so disappointed in Destiny's storytelling: The bad guys' motivations are really nebulous.

One of the problems with relying on the 'mystery' angle, as will be explained in my piece soon!

To be fair, I don't think that Destiny is relying on any mystery angle. The game just failed hard on narrative and story, and so we flat out don't really have anything to go off of. I don't know if I can even call the enemies' motivations nebulous, primarily because there are no real motivations. They're just sort of around, doing bad things, and needing to be stopped by us because we're the gamers, they're the bad guys, and much like how plenty of the bounties direct/tell us, the bad guys are just targets that need to be killed because they're there being bad guys that need to be killed. No real motivations to explore or even speculate at as far as Destiny's in-game writing goes, really. :P

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread