What are you most hoping for from E3 re: Destiny?

by Oz Mills, Monday, May 06, 2013, 14:30 (4009 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

What I'm looking forward to is a breakdown of gameplay.

ie:

Are we talking an MMO Borderlands (WoW-style combat-focused questing), or more of a Dungeons & Dragons Online/Neverwinter (Instanced Quest areas)?

I'm looking forward to seeing if you have to spec yourself before going out and then never change your loadout, getting ammo and other supplies in the field (maybe your gun uses "energy" you get from enemy drops), or if you change it up mid-game a-la Halo.

I'm interested to see if there's an inventory system, or if your upgrades are purely innate and selected during various points during the game.

I'm interested to see what that iPhone (and, one can assume, Android) app does. Conjecture Warning: It looks like some sort of slow-burn upgrade system, a "crafting" metaphor, like a mix between EVE Online's skills and Star Wars: The Old Republic's crew skills. Except related to story missions, allowing you to "play" while not playing and get a little bit of lore while feeling like your character or their resources are engaged. Somewhat akin to Mass Effect's iOS app, but more in-depth.

I'm interested in seeing how the different classes and races play off each others' abilities.

I'm interested in seeing what happens if a player dies. Is there a Guild Wars 2/Borderlands style self-resurrection? Is one character class (or all of them) able to resurrect others if enemies are taken out?

The long and short of it is that I feel I have a good handle on the world, and I'm invested. I just want to know what to do with that world now.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread