Gaming headsets for Xbox One (Gaming)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, July 23, 2015, 16:52 (3223 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Looking at new sets, I've heard they're not that great, drawing power directly from the controller and killing batteries and only stereo rather than surround sound.

Buy Eneloop batteries.

I have Eneloops (have for years), but I still don't want to be draining batteries left and right and changing them every day. First world problems, I guess, but convenience is king.

I think I'm going to get a set of A50s. After reading up more, they seem like a great headset (and I loved my old A40s, so I can't imagine not like a set of Astros), even though they're pricey.

I don't know your playing habits, but my eneloops generally last me 2-3 nights (so maybe 10 hrs or so). When the warning pops up telling me to change batteries, i generally have bout 20 mins of game time left, so i can wait for a wipe, or for a match to end.

I use a turtle beach headset, so i don't know what the power draw for that would be in comparison to the surround sound headsets.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread