They should have never used him. (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 16:15 (3181 days ago) @ bluerunner

How did they not think this would be an issue? I've thought all along that they only hired him because of name recognition. What has he done that would make them think he would be good in a leading role in a video game? I would have rather had them hire an established voice actor from the start, even if he wasn't a well known name. I'm happy now that they've got someone who seems dedicated to the roll, and has the experience to provide a good performance.

I think perhaps they were emboldened by the experience they had with Nathan Fillion, who became such a fan of the franchise that I think scheduling him and signing him became non-issues.

Not sure if Dinklage every really would have warmed to Destiny the way Fillion did to Halo, but it seems a fair bet that even if he had, the negative fan and press reaction to Dinklebot might have given both sides food for thought.

Can't say it's a huge surprise they made a change... I just really, really don't like the change they made. I'd have rather kept Ghost silent and had him replaced with somebody else, or have a new Ghost going forward with Dinklebot still around, or make it an option... these kinds of changes are continuity-destroying, at least for me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread