Rasputin, Durandal Rebooted? (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 00:40 (3138 days ago)

In Ghost Fragment: Rasputin 4 we get to hear Rasputin musing about the Exo Stranger. He talks of her stepping forward and back (through time) and wants her to show him how to step so that he can win. Remember that Rasputin wants to "At the end of things when the world goes dim and cold or hot and close or it all tears apart from the atom up I will shout those names defiant and past the end I will endure. I alone." Basically, he wants to escape the closure of the universe. As do the Vex. And the Hive. Seems to be a lot of that in Destiny... and in another Bungie game...

[image]

Oh, and there's also this:

Rasputin: "You’re not one of THEM [long dead, alive again, their bodies grafted to powers they and I do not understand]"
Durandal: "BUT YOU WERE DEAD A THOUSAND TIMES. HOPELESS ENCOUNTERS SUCCESSFULLY WON. A MAN LONG DEAD. GRAFTED TO MACHINES YOUR BUILDERS DID NOT UNDERSTAND."

Rasputin: "It’s like my cousin said, elsewhere: I know who you are."
Durandal: "I KNOW WHO YOU ARE"

Combined with the Darkness potentially being a Marathon W'rkncacnter and the references keep piling up. Maybe it's nothing more than a nostalgic author sliding in sly winks to the past, but I kinda hope it is something more. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread