The Exo Stranger, Founder of the Future War Cult? (Destiny)

by Durandal, Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 09:48 (3136 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I think that is a very interesting possibility, that the Stranger and the FWC are related.

What if they did see a vision of the future where some horrible event happened? What if no one would believe you if you told them the future had this monstrous thing, that you can't even fully comprehend, come and destroy all?

In the heyday of the Golden Age it is unlikely any but the supervising Warmind would take it seriously. The FWC is going to send a ghost through the device. I could see the Golden Age team sending an Exo or "platform" AI as well.

But it doesn't explain why Rasputin doesn't know about it, he would have to have known about the project since it was providing data to him during the Collapse. More over he would have to know about the Exos and the simulated minds going into the Vex system.

Given that, and that Exos are somewhat uniquely styled, he should be able to recognize the Stranger's make and model and link it to the project, if the two were directly related.

The Stranger also seems to have been subject to strange and fantastic forces, as the flavor text on her rifle indicates. The machine does not seem to cause any of those effects on it's users.

They might still be related, but I don't think they are the same person.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread