A point everyone seems to ignore

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 12:31 (3975 days ago) @ Oholiab

Now I am pretty upset about the XBone also, so this is not a defense, merely a call for some reason in the gaming community. Everyone seems to have missed (or ignored) the fact that all games are digital on the XBone. Buying a game disk is like buying a PC game from Amazon nowadays. You at most get a disk in the mail, install it, and activated it in Steam for a large percentage of games, or in Origin for a smaller percentage. Whether this is preferable or not should apparently be the issue we get upset about if we're upset. If this was not the case there would be no reason we can't sell our games. I personally very much like the idea of being able to have a digital copy of the game, but I'd also like to be able to make the choice. For example, with a game like Destiny I would love to be able to download it and have it forever. But for a more single player oriented game I don't think I'd replay I would prefer to buy a physical copy and then give it to a friend or sell it to Gamestop or Amazon. I think that's the distinction they SHOULD have made. With digital copies available day one like they will be plenty of people would have bought the digital copies anyway since it's more convenient then going to a store, but they wouldn't have all this trouble with used games.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread