Life is Strange polarized me (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 16:06 (3120 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Have you played Beyond: Two Souls?
It's Quantic Dream's post-Heavy Rain game, and was a bit more focused. There were entire sections of the game that you could miss out on if you didn't do certain things, and not only were there many different endings, your relationships with people (and their ultimate fates) could all be affected by how you played along the way.

Heck, there was one reviewer that criticized a portion of the game for having a random event happen that wasn't explained, but he obviously just rushed through it, since the event was not random, and in my playthrough, it was completely explained (and helped lead to some of my final choices, and the ending that I got).

Beyond is going to get a PS4 release at some point in the near future, and I want to pick it up, even if I rarely replay choice-driven games. But it stars my Queen, so I may be a tad biased...

This is so friendly... you and Cody usually bicker like an old married couple!

That said, your standards for choice-driven narratives are entirely unrealistic at this point in game development. You want developers to take into account every single choice that you might make, and craft an entire branching story out of it, doing the exact same thing for every possible choice that might come as a result of it. A single game that did that would be bigger than all of the Mass Effect and Quantic Dream games combined. It's likely never going to happen., and honestly would probably lead to the financial ruin of any developer that did it. Some reviewers would think they got a lousy game, with a bad story, and others would think that it was the best narrative they ever played... Assuming the writers wrote consistently good story for each of your thousands of choices.

Ahhh, there it is ;p <3

I wouldn't say it's bickering. I'm just pretty good at explaining to Cody (in a friendly manner) all of the ways he is objectively wrong, which is almost a requirement whenever he starts spouting his opinions. :P

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread