I just finished . . . *SP* (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, October 22, 2015, 01:41 (3120 days ago) @ Funkmon

And I don't know how to feel about it.

Parts of it were good (the dream sequence, in particular stands out). Parts of it still made me tear up (I'm a wuss!). It definitely hit some really emotional notes.

The final choice seems a little ridiculous. You wouldn't try anything else? Everything boils down to a straight binary choice, and one that quite a few people predicted way back in episode one? That sucks.

I'll need more time to fully digest, but they did basically the one and only thing that could have made me really not like it. ):

That said, Life is Strange as a whole really stands out as a great experience to me. I will definitely be paying attention to dontnod in the future. They did a lot of things incredibly well, and I'm not ashamed to say that I cried more than once throughout the series. It's rare that a movie or book or story can move me like that, much less a video game, so they clearly did something right.

I hope you do still make a thread early next week, Funkmon; I'll be more fully able to articulate by then, hopefully.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread