Life is Strange polarized me (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 16:24 (3120 days ago) @ Jillybean
edited by Cody Miller, Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 16:28

In some ways, I could have done with less choice in the series. Chloe's an excellent example of this.

I felt that way, but with regards to the ending. Given the theme and all, I would have had only one choice appear on the final prompt. The right one.

A couple of other things I want to raise now the game's finished - I'd love to get a male perspective on the guys on this game, as I (and Yogscast Kim and Hannah's playthroughs) kept noticing the terrifying power imbalance in the game. It was almost too heavy handed I think, but in these days of Gamer Gate, who knows?

You know how I feel about Warren. He's a wuss and a bit creepy. He's sort of the guy who thinks he's nice but is not really. I think Max's assessment of him in her nightmare is fairly accurate: he's primarily interested in fucking her but is too much of a pussy to know he has no chance.

Wells I think was an okay dude, as was David. I don't think I had any issues with gender in this game, nor did I find anything offensive. I think the sex of the characters was intentional, and meaningful to the story which is more than I can say about a lot of games that just shoehorn in females.

But I don't think we should try and undermine Life Is Strange because as a new IP it fulfilled a lot of its promise, was a beauty and a joy to play, and at least for me very polished and bug free. Really looking forward to more from Dontnod

This is why it was a beautiful failure.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread