I got what I expected.

by corporatekiller, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 20:59 (3970 days ago) @ jazo

I'm getting older now, and my imagination doesn't work like it used to, so showing me some explosions and cool armor don't immerse me much; at least not enough to get excited.

I anxiously await the juicy detail parts. I am in genuine fear that I've outgrown the ability to be entertained by the simplicity of spamming an enemy with grenades and full auto fire as we saw - I long to see tactics like we see against human opponents in MP. Even the old tried and true systematic dismantling of covie fireteams became pedantic to me.

Am I that old, is it too early to see what I want, or is it too much to ask to have some fresh gameplay approaches?

The whole thing felt too familiar, which is the opposite of what I expected. I expected to see some huge divergence from what we're used to, and didn't look forward to it. Now I wish Bungie had pushed a bit more in that direction.

I know, all this from a short, limited video. I am sad that I was less excited for it than I am for some other titles like Battlefield 4. I never thought anyone could outclass Bungie, but unless my impressions from this video are mistaken, I could be wrong.

I know my outlook might not be popular, and I don't want to advocate that Destiny isn't a great game for people, but I'm worried it might not be such for me. I also don't want to be "that guy" who spoils it for someone else.

Sorry Bungie - Prove I'm an idiot for my concerns - Please.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread