About the Raid plans Saturday (Recruitment)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 07:20 (3517 days ago)
edited by Kermit, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 07:40

I surprised myself and hit 25 last night, and might be up to 27 or 28 by Saturday (I hope).

I'd prefer to play with people who don't know what's coming, so we can all be surprised and figure it out on the fly.

Do most people who plan on playing on Saturday fall into that category?

About the Raid plans Saturday

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 07:23 (3517 days ago) @ Kermit

I do! I'm glad your getting up in the 20s, we can finally play together!

by DerekT07, Tennessee, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 07:24 (3517 days ago) @ Kermit

I fall into that group, and I have the same preference. I think there are at least several others who feel the same, so it shouldn't be too hard to get groups together to experience it that way. Thanks to the people who are doing the work to set this all up, by the way! :)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 07:29 (3517 days ago) @ Kermit

i managed to get halfway through 26 last night, need to play more crucible between now and saturday so i can get some gloves, and that will push me over to 27.

What?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 07:38 (3517 days ago) @ Kermit

How?! I'm still 23... :p

I really hope I manage hitting Raid level on Friday, but I'm so short on Marks I don't think I'll be able to... I'll need someone to help me power through some Kill Missions and Strike Playlists, I think.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 07:42 (3517 days ago) @ Kermit

I hate that I have to sit this one out, but I have family in town this weekend. Hopefully this isn't a one time thing.

What?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 07:46 (3517 days ago) @ ZackDark

The one kill mission I played with a 27 helped a lot!

Played a little of everything last night, which ended in the wee hours of the morning and the realization that I was one piece of iron away from reaching 25, so a late night mission to Mars was in order.

EDIT: I'll be glad to help if I can.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 07:51 (3517 days ago) @ bluerunner

I hate that I have to sit this one out, but I have family in town this weekend. Hopefully this isn't a one time thing.

I'm in the exact same boat. Here's hoping we can make this a semi-weekly thing for those of us who can't do the first one.

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 08:04 (3517 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Same here. And I'm hoping there will still be a large enough group of folks who haven't played it by the next time, since I'm of one mind with Kermit on that.

by DerekT07, Tennessee, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 08:41 (3517 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

I almost had to miss it as well because I had a trip planned for this weekend, but it got cancelled. I'd be happy to help another time and just keep my mouth shut about what to do though. :P

Kind of *OT - Can some XB1 people move to 360?

by Monochron, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 08:57 (3517 days ago) @ Kermit

So, the 360 squad is still short two people (with no subs as far as I know). I know some people are listed as "can play on 360 too", I'm hoping they can be shuffled off to 360 if we can't fill out :(

What?

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 08:57 (3517 days ago) @ ZackDark

I really hope I manage hitting Raid level on Friday, but I'm so short on Marks I don't think I'll be able to... I'll need someone to help me power through some Kill Missions and Strike Playlists, I think.

Do all the bounties and side missions you can, and the strike playlist to get vanguard rep and marks. Make sure you are NOT wearing a faction item (dead orbit, FWC, etc), otherwise those points go to them and you don't want that.

Then, go buy the legendary items you need from your vanguard leader.
Upgrade them as you can, as that raises your light level too.

You can also get some easy legendary gear by doing queen bounties.

I went from 25 to 27 in a day because of all that. I completely forgot about my marks and had almost 200 of them saved up.

What?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 09:11 (3517 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Do all the bounties and side missions you can, and the strike playlist to get vanguard rep and marks. Make sure you are NOT wearing a faction item (dead orbit, FWC, etc), otherwise those points go to them and you don't want that.

Wait! What? I thought that credit continued to go to the Vanguard regardless. Even if not, though, are Vanguard legendariies better than the Faction's? Why wouldn't you align with Factions?

What?

by RC ⌂, UK, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 09:25 (3517 days ago) @ Kermit

Make sure you are NOT wearing a faction item (dead orbit, FWC, etc), otherwise those points go to them and you don't want that.

Wait! What? I thought that credit continued to go to the Vanguard regardless.

Nah. If you're wearing a faction Mark/Cloak/Bond, all the Vanguard and Crucible Rep you earn get's redirected to the Faction. It says so in the description of each item.

Even if not, though, are Vanguard legendaries better than the Faction's? Why wouldn't you align with Factions?

They're not better, they're just different. It depends what sort of build you want (to support your playstyle), as the Factions items have different stat foci than the Vanguard and Crucible ones.

The Vanguard and Crucible have a larger arsenal available from the store, but again it depends what weapons you actually want.

I've played the raid multiple times before, so no. 360

by kornman00, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 09:33 (3517 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

What?

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 09:46 (3517 days ago) @ Kermit

Why wouldn't you align with Factions?

Roleplaying, over here.

What?

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 09:47 (3517 days ago) @ RC

Make sure you are NOT wearing a faction item (dead orbit, FWC, etc), otherwise those points go to them and you don't want that.

Wait! What? I thought that credit continued to go to the Vanguard regardless.

Nah. If you're wearing a faction Mark/Cloak/Bond, all the Vanguard and Crucible Rep you earn get's redirected to the Faction. It says so in the description of each item.

Again, another area Destiny does a poor job of explaining it's mechanics. I've learned to hover over just about everything.

Even if not, though, are Vanguard legendaries better than the Faction's? Why wouldn't you align with Factions?

They're not better, they're just different. It depends what sort of build you want (to support your playstyle), as the Factions items have different stat foci than the Vanguard and Crucible ones.

The Vanguard and Crucible have a larger arsenal available from the store, but again it depends what weapons you actually want.

^^ Pretty much. The gear I've gotten though crucible play is more suited to PVP, so it has not benefited me in story mode. It's not my style. The queen's playlist has been a big help in getting me to rank up via gear- Korny and I played a game where we were both gifted some pretty nifty snipers, though at this point I only keep earning helmets and chests with different focuses.

I just got one that fits my style better, so I trashed the other legendary one I had maxed out (stupid move in hindsight) and now I'm a 26 again. D'Oh!

One thing to remember

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 09:53 (3517 days ago) @ Kermit

I'd be happy to help you on playstaion sometime!

Don't forget there will be other raids, soon even! So there will be more opportunities to experience things fresh with others, and hopefully we'll all be ranked similar by that point.

So while VoG virgins will continue to be harder to fine, the next Raid should be promising :)

by Postmortem ⌂, AZ, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 10:33 (3517 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm definitely of the same mind. Last I checked I was the first name on a new fireteam, so maybe we'll be running it together? I forget if you're XBO or 360 though.

ditto

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 10:37 (3517 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 10:59 (3517 days ago) @ Kermit

I'd prefer to play with people who don't know what's coming, so we can all be surprised and figure it out on the fly.

There's a reason that it took the first group 11 hours to do it. Heck, I've done it, and trying to remember some of the steps was difficult for me last night, when Team DBO conquered the vault.
Don't be too uppity about who you do it with, as you're likely not going to have an easy time assembling a crew of fresh recruits, and you'll have a nearly impossible time getting past the first part alone...

Multiple runs, but like I told you, I'll let you figure things out at your own pace...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 11:29 (3517 days ago) @ Korny

There's a reason that it took the first group 11 hours to do it. Heck, I've done it, and trying to remember some of the steps was difficult for me last night, when Team DBO conquered the vault.

I expect the first time to be a failure.

Don't be too uppity about who you do it with, as you're likely not going to have an easy time assembling a crew of fresh recruits, and you'll have a nearly impossible time getting past the first part alone...

I'm not trying to come across as uppity. Part of it is just paying attention to what Pete and Cory have said about remaining spoiler-free. If discovery is part of what makes it fun, I'd like to experience some of that.

Multiple runs, but like I told you, I'll let you figure things out at your own pace...

My PS4 character won't be ready for a while. :(

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 12:21 (3517 days ago) @ Monochron

I can move if I need to. Either system is fine.

Hopefully we will know by thursday/friday on the final lineups

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 13:21 (3517 days ago) @ Kermit

That sucks. I'll be in need of a couple of Warlocks soon. Maybe as early as next week.

- CC

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 13:36 (3517 days ago) @ Monochron

I'm on 360, but didn't throw my name in because I won't be home until 11:30 PM EST or maybe 12.

If people want to play late, or maybe enough people show up for a west coast group I'm in.

28 Titan, both classes maxed.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 13:37 (3517 days ago) @ CaneCutter

That sucks. I'll be in need of a couple of Warlocks soon. Maybe as early as next week.

- CC

Wasn't my plan at all. Local friends were the most persistent about asking me to play, so most of my time went into my Xbox guy.

Don't sweat it ;-)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 13:39 (3517 days ago) @ Monochron

I'm keeping track and will be moving these groups around a LOT.

I'm taking notes

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 13:40 (3517 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm taking notes on all of these replies (as well as the ones here and comments made in the signup thread) and will be attempting to organize teams that match up with preferences as much as possible.

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 13:56 (3517 days ago) @ Kermit

- CC

Wasn't my plan at all. Local friends were the most persistent about asking me to play, so most of my time went into my Xbox guy.

Understood. I know all too well how persistent those local friends can be. :)

- CC

I'm taking notes

by Pfhor, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 14:19 (3517 days ago) @ Beorn

Hey Beorn,

Please count me in with a group (if possible) that would like to experience this Raid spoiler-free for all us first timers.

BTW, thank you immensely for taking all this time and organizing this event, what a special time it'll be.

Lastly, my Sunslinger Warlock is ready at level 26 and shall have all the perks maxed out by then. :)

again thank you for doing this.

by Webshift1, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 14:29 (3517 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Please post app in the Raid thread

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 16:34 (3517 days ago) @ Pfhor

Helps keep me organized with all 35+ of you. ;-)

Right here

Thinking Out Loud

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 16:49 (3517 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm looking at the roster, and I find my self wondering how we are all going to get together and make this work? I ask because I would like to join up before 12 P.M EST, so I could better be equated with my team mates. Personally I think it would be good for all of us if we were to practice (in threes of course), off some Vex based strikes or story missions to warm up.

Thinking Out Loud

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 16:54 (3517 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I'm looking at the roster, and I find my self wondering how we are all going to get together and make this work? I ask because I would like to join up before 12 P.M EST, so I could better be equated with my team mates. Personally I think it would be good for all of us if we were to practice (in threes of course), off some Vex based strikes or story missions to warm up.

Opening the gate will give you plenty of practice. ;-)

As for your question: I'll have everyone coordinate with their Fireteam Leaders once we get the groups finalized, and I certainly recommend everyone exchange Friend Requests at that time as well.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread