Fixing golden gun for PvE... (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, May 16, 2016, 12:41 (2910 days ago) @ stabbim

I do think Golden Gun could use a bit of a buff in PvE. Because as you said, right now the only enemies that will die from 1 shot are enemies that could probably be dealt with just as quickly with a hand cannon. It typically won't even 1-shot a minor Wizard, which it should IMO (and am I crazy, or did that actually work once upon a time?). And unlike Arcblade, Golden Gun is not good against mobs. BTW, this is why I almost always run Celestial Nighthawk. It essentially doubles your potential damage output. OK, it's limited to one target, barring a bit of Keyhole luck, but that one target is definitely going to have a bad time. There's not many enemies that will survive a Nighthawk shot, matching shield types or not. And it'll put a big dent in boss characters' health bars. Achlyophage Symbiote can also provide a bit of extra damage if you don't have Nighthawk.

What about adding a triple-tap like perk or maybe double-tap? Although it would have to be limited to minions of darkness.

Edit: I realize this won't really help with the minor wizards (which I feel should drop to a super).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread