So I leveled my alts for the giggles... Let's talk supers. (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, May 16, 2016, 12:54 (2910 days ago) @ stabbim

I do think Golden Gun could use a bit of a buff in PvE. Because as you said, right now the only enemies that will die from 1 shot are enemies that could probably be dealt with just as quickly with a hand cannon. It typically won't even 1-shot a minor Wizard, which it should IMO (and am I crazy, or did that actually work once upon a time?). And unlike Arcblade, Golden Gun is not good against mobs. BTW, this is why I almost always run Celestial Nighthawk. It essentially doubles your potential damage output. OK, it's limited to one target, barring a bit of Keyhole luck, but that one target is definitely going to have a bad time. There's not many enemies that will survive a Nighthawk shot, matching shield types or not. And it'll put a big dent in boss characters' health bars. Achlyophage Symbiote can also provide a bit of extra damage if you don't have Nighthawk.

When I think of golden gun in PvE I think of it as being the best super for taking out strong armored enemies. Isn't it the super that does the most damage to them? I know for a fact that nova bomb and FoH can't one shot yellows. Even Sunbreaker with all hammers barely kills one.

Not to mention, a super doesn't have to be good at everything. I mean look at the bubble titan. Or the sunsinger. Supers can have niche areas. I mean, I thought one of the reason they added the void hunter was to help out in PvE.

I'm surprised you didn't mention Fist of Havok, which seems fairly useless in PvE lately, to me. Often it won't kill a single major Captain, unless the shockwave (which is an optional perk) hits them JUST right. I dunno, but I feel like it should be able to do that. Luckily the Striker has some great tactical options so i still have fun playing it, but I usually won't FoH into a group unless they've been softened up a LOT first.

Yeah, FoH in PvE is made for mob killing. The sad thing is, sunbreaker is just a lot better all around in PvE for both mob killing and using against stronger enemies.

I feel like they could change this by making it do a ton of damage right at the point of impact and have the damage fall of pretty fast. This way you can still do damage to a single target (or a ton of guys massed in a really small area) as well as be able to kill lesser mobs in a small area. It also kind fits with how it works and feels.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread