So I leveled my alts for the giggles... Let's talk supers. (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, May 16, 2016, 15:39 (2910 days ago) @ Kahzgul

When I think of golden gun in PvE I think of it as being the best super for taking out strong armored enemies. Isn't it the super that does the most damage to them?

Uh, no? Ran a Vanguard Heroic SABER strike last Friday as 330 Hunter and a red-bar Servitor wouldn't die to a full Golden Gun. Hell, Phalanxes on this week's Challenge of Elder didn't die to a single shot.

Is that even with a precision shot? Also, I don't think servitors die to a FoH either though. They might die to 3-4 hammers. As for the the Phalanxes, it takes like 3-4 hammers for them too, which is only helpful because the hammer has splash which can kill 3 phalanxes with a super. However, I'm betting that 3 precision gold gun shots does more damage than hitting a boss with 5-6 hammers. I haven't done the numbers, or even used the golden gun before... but just my guesstimation :-)

There is no precision damage boost to golden gun. It does less damage than a sniper rifle, and that's really all you need to know about it.

O really? I thought it was the only super that could get precision damage.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread