So I leveled my alts for the giggles... Let's talk supers. (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, May 16, 2016, 15:37 (2910 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I really need to try the hunter out because I've never seen a problem with them getting kills. I say this a lot, but whatever, I probably suck at sunbreaker but I rarely ever see 3 people to even shoot at let alone kill with my ultimate. And the people I do see are either ace snipers who one shot me or a firing line.

Personally I think supers are meant to get around 2-3 kills. Any more than that and you just got lucky.

If You don't kill at least 3 players with your super as a Bladedancer/Gunslinger, you're incompetent, or very unlucky.

Then I'm completely incompetent. I almost never kill 3 people with gunslinger, I rarely kill 2 people with it, and I often get killed while still in the activation animation (which, unlike titans and warlocks, still uses up my super). Also... Unless you use the acolyphage symbiote or your enemies are hugging and you use the perk to make your kills explode, it's impossible to get more than 3 kills with gg.

As a bladedancer more than 3 kills is possible (especially in control), but again - if you get killed during the activation animation you lose your super, and the number of times I get more than 2 kills is miniscule.

Running away from blade dance is a viable strategy, as is just shooting him. Shotgun + melee kills a blade dancer.

I've died so many times trying either of these methods.

Meanwhile, I've seen nova bombs and havok slams that killed all 6 players on the enemy team, which is physically impossible for bladedancer or golden gun to do.

That team was REALLY REALLY stupid. Nova bomb I can kinda see cause it's ranged. But 6 players are totally unaware or just plain stupid if they 1. can't gun down a titan running at them and 2. aren't smart enough to realize that a lone titan running at 6 bunched players doesn't mean they should just stand there.

I've seen stormcallers clear the entire map and then kill those same players again as they respawned.

Totally doable.

And all of these supers are not used up if the player is killed during the activation animation. That's even nuttier. If you actually counter it, you still get supered as soon as they respawn.

That is true for Nova Bomb and FoH.

Furthermore, if I want to golden gun or blade dance someone, I have to plan ahead and activate around a corner or something. If I see "hey, there's 4 dudes there!" I have to back off, activate, and then come back to have any chance at all of killing even one of them, or I have to guess that there will be more than one target just based on my radar. With a fist or nova, you just press the button and get your kills. It's really, really great.

HAHAHAHAH. I'm sorry, but that' called Fist of Panic, not Fist of Havoc. There is a CLEAR distinction between those two (I don't know what the nova Bomb version would be called).

1. Fist of Panic is when you, go figure, panic. This happens when something (not things) are thrown at you at close range and you have to mash buttons.

2. Fist of Havoc is when you have to run, dodge, jump and try not to become a bullet ridden corpse before you get within range of multiple enemies to actually use your super.

Also, Sun Breaker has to do the same thing. It's suicide to pop your super next to people.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread