So I leveled my alts for the giggles... Let's talk supers. (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, May 16, 2016, 17:28 (2910 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I get it, you think hunters are OP because you played bladedancer once. But I think you're missing the entire point of my argument.

I've actually never played a hunter in PvP before :-) I just have played against them. A Lot. And I never said they were OP.

I'm also going to take stormcallers out the the equation for the rest of this debate because I totally agree that stormcallers are pretty much amazing at everything.

I just ran around with sunbreaker and stormcaller and their supers are grossly more powerful than their hunter counterparts. My argument isn't that golden gun can't kill people. My argument is that golden gun sucks balls compared to hammer of sol.

I agree that Sunbreakers have the potential to get more kills. But I would argue, at least in every time I've played them, that sunbreakers don't actually get that many kills. For several reasons:
1. Their super cue is much more noticeable
2. It's easier to run from/dodge a hammer throw than a golden gun shot
3. against other supers, it takes two hammers that fire really slow to kill

My argument isn't that blade dancers can't kill people. My argument is that stormcaller is better in every conceivable way than bladedancer.

I completely agree with you on this, with the exception that bladedancers have a little more tankiness.

Are you disagreeing with those statements?

Some, yes.

Do you think 7 hammers which explode and track is less powerful than 3 golden gun shots?

For one, 7 hammer shots is if you start throwing upon activating the ultimate and never stopping. I don't know how long a hunter has to wait before he loses a GG shot, but I would say a titan loses a hammer every 2-3 seconds (it's hard to say in the heat of battle, I haven't checked). But to answer you original question, that hard to say what is more "powerful" that is purely dependent on the situation. Hammers are more powerful if you have guys clustered, if guys aren't running away from you, if it's a smaller map or if there aren't many sniping lanes. There are lots of cases where hammers are just plain terrible at. One of those cases is Hammer vs GG.

Do you think a mini fist of havok aoe blast followed by ranged attacks that chain automatically and a character that moves faster than the fastest running character is less powerful than melee range, single target attacks from a character that moves at his normal speed?

I'm assuming you are talking about Stormcaller vs a Bladedancer. If so, I totally agree with you.

PvP aside, do you think a golden gun shot should be unable to kill a red health wizard?

Nope.

Do you think three golden gun blasts (the entire super) should not be able to kill a single yellow health bar phalanx while dealing zero damage to any other enemy?

No, but there are also few supers that can actually do that.

Do you think successfully landing the shots should generate zero orbs for your team because no enemies died?

Yes, because to change that would seriously brake the orb generating mechanic. I really wish SunBreakers would generate more orbs, but it's actually not easy to generate orbs with a Sunbreaker.

For the record: I think sunbreaker should be considered the gold standard for super balance. It feels super but it doesn't feel cheap. I think nova bomb and fist of havok are fine. I think defender bubble, sunsinger self-res, and shadowshot are all fine as well. But I really think stormcaller needs to be nerfed

I agree.

and I think golden gun *at least* needs a PvE buff

But how would you do that? I mean giving it more damage would put it as one of the few supers that can kill armored guys in an ult as it's basic attribute. Which personally if there is a super that could do that it would make sense that the GG could.

(and I'd like it if the duration lasted longer or you could fire more shots during that duration)

See, I'm on the fence with this. I think GG is not great compared to Stormcaller and SunBreakers in terms of mass killing. However, like FoH, I think it's a great counter super for duration supers. In fact, I think it's the best super for that. Fist of Panic is great, but it's only really good for killing bladedancers or stopping a revive in trials. GG has it's place and it's REALLY good at it. I've finally come to terms with the bubble. It's really good at what it does and really sub par at other things.

and I think bladedancer needs a PvE buff as well. If they ever figure out how to fix melee hit detection on blade dancer, it will be fine for PvP, but the hit detection has been broken since 2.0 and the latest fix made it different, but not better.

I can't speak for Bladedancers in PvE but I will say, bladedancers have NEVER had a problem killing me in PvP. And I've tried everything to get away from them. Running, jumping, even twilight garrisoning. But again, I will say, I've never played a bladedancer in PvP so I really don't know what it's like to be on the other side.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread