Yeesh. (Destiny)

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, October 14, 2016, 20:26 (2758 days ago) @ Xenos

I'm not sure I understand what the issue is, aside from the Nightfall, all the other content is the same difficulty, but just happens to drop higher light level gear. This will actually speed up leveling up your character.

True. I'm sure this is the developer coming out in me. There's not a great reason that I can see that LL changed once at RoI release and then again so soon, other than artificially keeping people low for a few weeks so the normal mode raid was "more challenging". They could have changed the caps in different places and allowed a 400 LL system without having to bump it twice like this. To me this is just airing the underpinnings of the system a bit too much, and showing the treadmill. There are better ways to go about it. Bungie is better than that. IMO. No need to change the cap on blues and legendaries like they have been from what I can see.

I guess I feel like LL should progress with the content, and with RoI anything but is happening for me. I'm not one to "grind for gear", yet I feel forced into that with this expansion.

This will also be most likely be the last light increase for at least 3 months, and could possibly be the last light level increase ever for Destiny 1. The most we know about after this is Festival of the Lost (probably next week or the next) and SRL in December, both of which your light level won't matter for. So your level 369 Guardian is fine, should barely notice a change when you turn on the game after Tuesday, he has an abundance of time to get to the right level to play hard mode.

I've felt behind most of this expansion actually. I've gotten in the habit (for avoiding spoilers for RoI) to ignore news, so I had forgotten about Currently on a consistent basis I generally raid, run IB and run trials. All of which my light level matters for. Just to feel "raid ready" probably half my time was -not- enjoying the new content. Rather it was running old strikes looking for light level upgrades, and hoping exotic engrams dropped, again mostly for light level. I've gotten very little gains from a few hours spent in the archon's forge.

On the blind raid, my first, I had just hit 360/361. The raid gave me I think 1.5 LL's (without aksis, we didn't get done that first week). IB + trials took me up to being right on the line at 367/8 and a full raid run Tuesday night took me to 369. I very much felt my LL when running against 380+ players, in both IB and Trials last week. (I've only played Monday/Tuesday this week, including IB/Trials/raid)

So I guess LL is just in my face way more than it is for other people because of the activities I want to be participating in.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread