What specifically is giving your group problems? (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, October 16, 2017, 09:35 (2396 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

None after Castellum and we haven't finished any other section. I am aware of some kind of workaround for the initial Castellum section but our first foray below the Castle was kind of painful.

I misread your initial post and thought that you had finished later sections, so I guess you haven't gotten rewards? I actually didn't know you could get into the underbelly without having cleared one of the main encounters.

Having as much trouble as you're having with Castellum demands some analysis. I can't help but feel there's a flaw in your strategy. Our team has wiped attempting it, but usually not more than once. It really helps to efficiently use supers. Is one or more person forgetting to use them? (I'm asking as someone who forgets to.)

From one perspective, Bungie is (vehemently! as you put it) catering to a group such as yours--grown-ups with less flexible schedules and fingers. When I first heard about the encounter rotation, I didn't like it, but that was because I liked the option of waking up at reset time to save a checkpoint (an option I think I used only with King's Fall a few times).

The benefit of this rotation, though, is great. Less-than-hardcore raiders get practice doing the bulk of the raid over several weeks time. In the long-term this is fantastic for people like me. I tried to raid at least a little every week in D1. Sometimes our group didn't finish. The by-product overtime is that I always felt less comfortable with the later encounters because I had less practice with them. For a player like me, except for the final fight, this problem goes away. It's a great way to make raids more accessible to more casual players.

Kerm

P.S. all the stuff you say is dumb I love. Royals Pools is a cool variation of the square-dance-of-death finale of Wraith of the Machine, Pleasure Gardens is a nice spin on the Gorgon maze, and the Gauntlet is a nice, more forgiving revision of Oryx mechanics, sans the Taken (Hallelujah!)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread