What specifically is giving your group problems? (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, October 16, 2017, 10:35 (2396 days ago) @ Kermit

P.S. all the stuff you say is dumb I love. Royals Pools is a cool variation of the square-dance-of-death finale of Wraith of the Machine, Pleasure Gardens is a nice spin on the Gorgon maze, and the Gauntlet is a nice, more forgiving revision of Oryx mechanics, sans the Taken (Hallelujah!)

I personally gave up on raid encounters making canonical sense with Kings Fall. I think we even talked about it quite a bit at the time here at DBO... the “gameyness” of King’s Fall’s encounters compared to VoG or Crota. And I think that’s ok, really. I have a soft spot for the way VoG pulled me into the universe and felt like a believable place within Destiny’s fiction, but at the end of the day I’m ok with sacrificing that in favour of fun mechanics.

And in defence of Leviathan, the whole thing is presented in-universe as an exercise in amusement. It certainly makes more sense than the KF dick-wall or the Death Zamboni in WotM :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread