EA Closes Visceral, Amy Hennig's Star Wars Game (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 18:55 (2394 days ago)

EA Shuts Down Visceral Games

Not Destiny relevant, but a real bummer. Visceral is dead, with some devs being moved to other projects.

The Star Wars game that was directed by Amy Hennig (and was rumored to basically be Uncharted Star Wars) is being rebooted.

“Our Visceral studio has been developing an action-adventure title set in the Star Wars universe,” EA’s Patrick Söderlund said in a blog post. “In its current form, it was shaping up to be a story-based, linear adventure game. Throughout the development process, we have been testing the game concept with players, listening to the feedback about what and how they want to play, and closely tracking fundamental shifts in the marketplace. It has become clear that to deliver an experience that players will want to come back to and enjoy for a long time to come, we needed to pivot the design.”

That reads to me like they want a Destiny-like, which sucks. I already have Destiny, I don't need another. When will the gaming market reach a saturation with these types of games that you're supposed to play forever? I hope it's soon.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread