A few thoughts (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, October 19, 2017, 08:31 (2393 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I keep such terrible track of these things. I often have to look up the years each Halo was released! Can you expand on that a bit? What did they try? What failed?

Skate, Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, and Brutal Legend, off the top of my head.

All I know off the top of my head is that they cancelled Mass Effect: Andromeda and I'm mad at them for that. I don't know if it's really a new trend or not, but it feels to me that these days if something isn't a 110% hit it is quickly abandoned. Things aren't given time to grow.

Me too. Andromeda wasn't nearly as bad as folks (that honestly didn't even play the game, and just piled on with the things they'd heard) made it seem. It was far from perfect, and the overall story was sort of boring and rote, but the character missions were all great, and the world exploration was fun, and it was a good setup for follow up games. I still maintain that it was a better game than the mess that was Mass Effect 3.

You're not wrong about Destiny, either. I can easily see a world in which Destiny's lukewarm response means it just slowly fades out of existence.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread