“SHARE” (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, October 30, 2017, 17:32 (2370 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It's one of the few things I look at as nearly unforgivable in video games--making character movement unresponsive, slow, and painful. I hate the walking and talking sections in Gears of War games, but by the time I get to one of those, I've at least played the game and know what the game is actually like.

Des2ny was guilty of this too. But you got through it. Get through this.

Destiny 2 did it after a very well designed mission that showcases what's in store for the rest of the game, and was much, much shorter. Not too mention the fact that I have an immense amount of good will built up with Bungie FPSs to push me through. It's not MGS V's fault that I don't have that with MGS, but I don't have it in any case, and the game does nothing to show me that the game will actually be fun once I push through. Sure, I know that logically it will--I've read the reviews and seen the videos.

As ever, it's still a case of "too many things, too little time." I'm loving Mario Odyssey and don't intend to stop playing it any time soon, and the Horizon Zero Dawn DLC is next week, and I still haven't finished Breath of the Wild, and before we know it Curse of Osiris will be here, and . . .

MGS V doesn't have a chance any time soon.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread