To buy or not to buy (Gaming)

by Harmanimus @, Friday, November 24, 2017, 16:22 (2352 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I habe access to all the major platforms. XBox One, PS4, Switch, and a 96th percentile gaming rig. I do not regret any of them. However, I have no drive yet to get an XBoxOX. I utilize my Xbox more for mulptiplayer gaming, due to a combination of installed friend base and anecdotally better experiences in both cooperative and competitive games. My PS4 is usually utilized for more single player experiences. Switch is currently filling in mostly as a mobile platform, overtaking my 3DS and Vita. And I mostly play odds and ends and oddities on PC.

That is just supporting information to qualify my suggestion that at this time the XBoxOX is not a very appealing purchase, unless you just like having things first. I only recently moved to having a 4K TV, and while I find most of the multiplatform titles I have played on bother PS and XB the XB tends to feel like it has better performance, that is ‘t enough to merit a purchase at that price point during an initial manufacture cycle.

Hopefully the state of exclusive titles changes to better take advantage of the XBoxOX, but until then it isn’t really drawing. For anyone looking to get an XBO the X isn’t a bad method, but as mentioned for most the S will be a better monetary investment. Halo used to be enough of a draw that I never felt bad suggesting the platform explicitly for it, but it hasn’t been that way for quite awhile, to my disappointment. Because I already have both the Xbox wins out on a lot of things which cross over with my PC, though. Especially if t is multiplayer.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread