Get it (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, November 27, 2017, 12:07 (2349 days ago) @ kidtsunami
edited by Korny, Monday, November 27, 2017, 12:11

My whole friends list is loving theirs. And one of them is on a 1080p tv.

And it's pretty clear that multi-platform games are going to shine brightest on it.

Incorrect. Most of the games are also coming out on PC, where they shine brighter.

That extends to whatever "exclusives" Microsoft can scrounge up at this point. Microsoft knows that PC is where the player base is at... Though I do somewhat agree with Kid about playing console games on console, but I don't twirl my wine glass while I say it, since it's mostly because I favor a controller over a mouse and keyboard (plus, the PC community is the worst community).

That said, it's all but confirmed that Halo 6 will be on PC, and I played around with the Halo 5 Forge tool there, and can confirm that it will likely be the definitive experience, so I think the Xbone X will mainly just appeal to folks who have a PC that can't really play games, or those who have a 4K tv, which isn't a bad thing, but to defend the X beyond that comes off as pure fanboyism, IMO.

RE: Fanboyism, you should be mindful of how you write inflammatory comments like the above like we are in some kind of fanboy fight.

Eh, I was talking about it in a general sense, especially as it pertains to people dodging the Xbox's biggest glaring flaw. Didn't mean to trigger ya, sorry.

I own a PS4, a VR spec'd PC, a PS Vita (my spelunky machine), a switch, and an XB1. They are all pretty awesome and when someone asks me what they get my first question is:

Well, that sounds a lot like the old "I can't be racist!" defense, but I mean, I could totally play that same card. Right before I made my initial comment, I was playing on Xbox (BTW, do saved clips not auto-upload anymore? I saved one and can't find it listed), and around the same time I was trying to discourage Malagate from getting a PS4 Pro (I'd rather he get a Slim and more games over a Pro and only a couple of games, since he didn't have a 4K tv). What consoles you have don't really have anything to do with whether or not someone might think that you have a poor opinion of one or the other, nor does it automagically make you better informed that anyone else about it.

Because, hem and haw about exclusives all you want, there's an amazing selection of games you can get lost in on any of these platforms, and for a lot of people, what matters is having a group of friends to play with.

Indeed. But that clearly had nothing to do with the questions that Cody was asking. I guess it all comes down to ye olde reading comprehension...

Do you want to play Rocket League with people across multiple platforms? Get something other than a PS4.

But PS4 Rocket League players have been able to play with PC players since Rocket League launched on PS4 (for free, no less). You'd think someone with all consoles, phones, and Microsoft Apples would know that. ;)

(I know you mean "play with the Switch community as well", but details matter, man!)

Not sure what your deal is man, it seems like you've really got a grudge against Microsoft.

I'm a calls-em-as-I-sees-em guy, and Microsoft has had way more screw-ups than hits with Xbox since the days when the 360 reigned supreme. And yeah, I've had a history of picking on Xbox players, but I just as easily pick on the tools who got Battlefront 2, regardless of platform (and I have Battlefront 1, so I can't possibly be biased!).

Eh. Cody asked a question, people specifically dodged/deflected his question to promote their... let's call it "dedicated fan ideals", and at the end of the day, Kermit is the only one who has made any headway towards addressing Cody's concerns.

(PS. Ryse is also on PC, so not really exclusive :P ).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread