Got it. (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 11:38 (2348 days ago) @ Cody Miller

All good points. The only thing I would add, after about an hour of messing around with my XboxOneX dashboard, is that the console makes much less noise than my PS4. But then again, my PS4 sounds like a jet engine. Even my 360 is quieter. Am I the only one?

My PS4 is super-loud for about 3 minutes after bootup. Then it settles down and is whisper-quiet for the rest of my gaming session.

I DO know that it only started doing THAT in the past couple of weeks. (I was startled and scared the first time it happened.) I wonder if it's gonna get worse?

Have y'all tried vacuuming it, and does it have a disk inside?

The PS4 and Xbone are always equally quiet on my end, unless I put a disk in, and the xbone starts doing a rapid tik-tik-tik noise, and the PS4 sounds like it's blow-drying the disk.

For the PS4, this noise continues even if I'm not playing the disk, so remove any disk that you're not playing (I don't think I've ever had a disk in the Xbone, so no idea if the same issue applies).

Compressed air is best. Just open it up and give it a few puffs around the dirty areas. Vacuums can damage electronics.

Compressed air cans are for sissies. I've regularly taken a 6hp shop vac and ~135 PSI air compressor to every single console/PC that I've owned for the last decade, and never once had any issue with any of them afterwards.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread