Logging out for a bit. (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 13:43 (2224 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Ok. If there’s no reason for me to speculate or hope then I won’t.

Goodbye.

Speculation can be dangerous.

“Rey is Luke’s Daughter! Or a Kenobi”
Rey’s parents turn out to be random nobodies.
“Man! FUCK THE LAST JEDI!” NERD RAGE

Or you could speculate but skip the nerd rage step.

Go back and read the early days of the HBO forum. (BBO forum, I guess.) Search for 'crack pipe' for speculation posts.

There were so many out-there ideas, most of which had nothing whatsoever to do with reality - but it didn't matter, because it was fun. And because the game we got in the end, while not the ridiculously complicated, intricate game we had envisioned for a couple of years, was still fun.

Destiny is still fun. (For me.) If it's not fun for you, then sure, watching cool cutscenes that you KNOW aren't going to pan out the way they seem might be frustrating... but really, if you're so down on the game that the cutscenes make you angry, why are you even watching them?

This whole conversation is silly. There are people who in one breath say "this doesn't really bother me, it's a tiny pet peeve" and in the next breath (or dammit, even in the same sentence) say "Destiny's story is so disappointing that I expect NOTHING from it any more."

Well, fuck, if I felt that way, I'd walk away. Really. So all this discussion is silly - either the disconnect between what you can see and what you can do is minor, in which case this thread has gone on about 10,000% longer than it has any right to, or you really are pissed at Bungie for the disappointments, in which case you probably shouldn't be here at all. (If you hate the narrative, then WAIT UNTIL THE NARRATIVE IS OUT BEFORE YOU JUDGE THE NEXT PIECE. You're making yourself (and everyone around you) angry about something you really don't know about yet.)

I'm pretty damned disappointed in this whole thread. Raga wants to enjoy what he saw, and even wants to explain to people WHY he enjoyed what he saw. And pretty much everyone else is shitting on him for it.

I have enough bullshit in my life right now. I'll be back after the 8th. See you guys.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread