Hey, that was a pretty cool video. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, May 08, 2018, 23:57 (2211 days ago) @ Korny

Knowing Bungie, and their track record over the past four years, I already know all of the answers to your questions.

Wrong. Clearly, you did not.

- Will we hear more about how Guardians aren’t supposed to investigate their past.

Nope. It'll be a throwaway line that has little do do with what happens in the DLC.
(See: Osiris getting exiled)

Well... it wasn’t heavily touched upon, but it also wasn’t a throwaway line either. Ana investigating her past looks like it will have consequences of which we don’t know the full extent of yet.

- Ana’s full name being Anastasia. I hope we learn more about her and more how she even found out who she was.

We'll talk to Lakshmi to get some quick backstory on Ana Bray, and she'll probably say it during the first direct interaction with her, then it'll never be brought up again. (See: Eris, Petra Venj, and anyone with a remotely interesting backstory).

Wrong. Instead, it looks like we’ll be getting a few if not several lore packets detailing what Ana did before the collapse. The first one I’ve gotten talks a little about how it was Ana who programmed Rasputin how to speak / use language to understand.

- There’s a Hive army, including Tombships?!, trapped under the ice. How did that happen? Did the Traveler freeze them? Or Rasputin / Clovis Bray?

No explanation as to exactly how, just that X did it as "a last resort" to stop Y threat. Probably through radio chatter with Ghost. (See: SIVA, Skolas' escape and the Wolves rebellion)

There hasn’t been a lot yet. As always, I hope for more. And, since I’m not even close to being out of lore to find I can’t yet rule out the freezing won’t be something revealed in time.

- It was confirmed that those are Warsats crashing from the skies. You can even see one not crash but hit in the distance and skip across the ground/skybox in the gameplay Bungie showed. Are they crashing deliberately? Are they helping thaw the ice?

Yes, Rasputin is crashing them deliberately, as he always has. Except this time, it's because something vague is wrong, and we are being sent to investigate the mysterious circumstances (See: Every other DLC)

Wrong. Rasputin and Ana reveal why Warsats have been crashing since Destiny 1. As Rasputin has been waking up, he has been crashing old Warsats and replacing them with new ones that only he has control of. He said he is doing so to protect humanity, but reading between the lores paints his actions as far far more self serving than he let on when he spoke to us.

- It appears what Ana climbs is a launch door for something. Could in be some awesome Human ship or a badass doomsday device? Or maybe it’s a Hive ship.

Probably just Rasputin-related tech, which will be an alternate path to the Warmind (through Hive tunnels, no doubt). Expect the story missions to take place underground. (See: Rise of Iron, CoO)

Wrong. What we were actually seeing was Xol rise up in front of Ana. And while a couple of missions did in fact take place underground, other missions took place high up in the Clovis Bray facility and on the surface of Mars.

So yeah, character implications, implications on what happened during the collapse, and possibly big implications about the future of the fight for our solar system.

Nah, just monster-of-the-week stuff involving Rasputin, a reskinned Hive, and possibly a fight against corrupted machines (SIVA-related business?). Calus is the focus of the main story moving forward, so I don't see them tying Rasputin to him for anything significant leading up to the September DLC. (See: Anything non-Hive-related in the past four years.)

Wrong. Rasputin is beginning to (attempt to) reassert his control over the solar system. He appears to have massive automated manufacturing and launch capabilities. There’s no way this won’t have significant implications going forward.

That said, Xol did feel a bit monster of the week. Really, I was hoping Rasputin would launch an orbital strike on Xol... or at least land a Warsat on it.

Let's see how much of this holds up come launch day!

You were about 2 for 7. Better luck next time.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread