Quick thoughts... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, September 01, 2018, 10:56 (2084 days ago) @ Fantom

1. The rounds are way shorter than I thought they'd be. Rather than one big showdown, it's best of three, with each round being less than five minutes (Since Majors drop three motes, and there are a lot of them). This makes it difficult to catch up to an enemy that gets ahead, and makes death super costly, so if you go in with a single not-great teammate, you're probably going to lose.

2. When you bank 15 points, and the Portal opens, anyone can take it to the enemy side. Ostensibly, this means that your team's best PvP player can be the one who runs in, but for us, it meant that our random stayed by the portal and took it almost every time, only to get killed instantly.

3. The screen turns red when an enemy invades, which makes it difficult for them to get kills if they're not packing a Super, and makes it easy to know when you should make an emergency deposit, just in case. This means that before you send someone through the portal, make sure that you send a Blocker AI first (banking ten points). That makes it so they panic better and focus on multiple targets.

It's fun, but I imagine that teams will become pretty exclusionary before long, due to the very costly PvP aspect of it (at one point, the enemy team almost had their Primeval dead, only for me to hop in and completely refill its health because one of them missed their rocket shot at me).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread