Jeez, What A Mess. (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, September 02, 2018, 09:02 (2083 days ago) @ Fantom

Invader pops in, immediately drops Infinite Hammer, yay everyone dies. 60 seconds later, portal opens, repeat.

I also love that Bungie doesn't tell me important facts about the game until after it's too late. XD

Last round; So I figure, okay this game is screwed. Let me at least find some cover and shoot at the majors and prime from a distance, so I don't feed Mr. Instant Infinite Homing Hammer any MORE kills. On an offbeat, I manage to look at the killfeed, and in 12 seconds, three separate opponents kill my three teammates, two of them simultaneous. I try not to watch the streams so I don't get spoiled, but in the last round, can the entire team just come through at the same time and just decimate anyone they want?

All that was in one game, obviously. I couldn't figure out what was going on.

So I tried another game--this one we ended up winning. I noticed for some reason our portal stayed open for much longer than it should have. Does it close eventually, or does it stay open until someone uses it?

General Thoughts:
Motes being shared(or hogged) between teammates seems like a bad idea. I think it would operate better if motes spawned by kills appear only to the person that killed them, or assist-killed if it was a team effort. If a player can't get max motes because someone faster keeps bumping them away from them, only one player can contribute to the chaos, making it less fun for everyone else.
Also, I've only played two games so far and I can already tell from experience—if you're not carrying a sniper or shotgun kinetic, you don't have a chance in hell. Considering how much ammo the PvE enemies drop, you're literally guaranteed infinite ammo for it. Jump in the portal, exterminate everyone from a distance(or up close), and you don't even have to reload.
Speaking of Extermination, anyone with an Infinite Golden Gun or Infinite Instant Homing Gjallarhorning Hammer can jump in, activate it, destroy everyone instantly, and completely wreck the scoreboard, with little to no work. To be honest, so can a Stormcaller, but only if they're spawned in the same galaxy as the other team.
Additionally, turning the whole screen red when an enemy invades is excessive. Plus, it nearly makes the red team(or more importantly the one invading) invisible when that happens.

Ultimately, this mode is nice, but it's not impressive. It's also far too easy to exploit. It will take a little bit of convincing to buy Forsaken in the future, but as for Day one? Nuh-uh.

And another thing I just remembered—Emerald Coast!? How dare you sully the name of an iconic legend like some cheap whore! Back off, Bungie! That's our name! You will be hearing from my lawyers and their lawyers soon enough.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread